[Python-Dev] aargh

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:20:16 -0400

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> thinking that (1) i'm glad i'm not in guido's place, and (2) geeze,
> aren't we making guido job harder, not easier?

> I think people are sounding off too much, posing features and opinions
> when they don't *need* to do so.  People should think twice before
> posing new python features - and hold off, a lot more of the time.
> Treat every single thing you propose as if it costs something
> significant - because it does!

Way to go Ken!!  I couldn't agree more!!

No one can object to trying to improve Python.  But
there is insufficient fear and loathing of feature bloat
and complexity.

Members of this group are smart and can easily handle
advanced features, but the same can not be said of
c.l.p nor application programmers in general.  Excess
advanced features will hamper widespread acceptance of
Python.

JimA