[Python-Dev] Evolving Python (was Re: Feature bloat in Python ...)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:02:04 +0200

barry wrote:
> I'm beginning to think that our role on python-dev is different than
> we thought.  I think for a particular proposal for a new language
> feature, or core language functionality, it is our job to explore the
> details and ramifications as much as possible.

if this is true, I really want a separate list for those of us who'd
rather work on improving the implementation and the standard
library.

after all, adding more syntactic fl^H^Hstuff isn't the only way to
improve Python...

(and I'm pretty sure it's not the best way to improve it, either)

</F>