[Python-Dev] extended print statement, uPre-PEP

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:01:41 +0200

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 09:13:19AM +0000, Peter Schneider-Kamp wrote:
> "Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> > print >> sys.stdout, 'post to', listname, 'from', sender, 'size=', len(msg)

> BTW: I think "print >> sys.stdout" is counter-intuitive, as it looks
>      like something is flowing from print to sys.stdout. This would
>      confuse C++-aware folk heavily.

Nonsense. This isn't C++, it's Python, and the step for this isn't as great
as for other 'strange' features in Python. Furthermore, their observation is
true. Something *is* flowing from print to sys.stdout.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>