[Python-Dev] _cursesmodule linking, and portability

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:40:20 +0300 (IDT)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Mark Favas wrote:

> Earlier today I uploaded a patch to SF for _cursesmodule.c so that it
> would link on Tru64 Unix (Version 4.0F). The problem was that the
> function has_key() is not present on this platform (nor, apparently, on
> SGI or Sun). Moshe queried whether this patch was required to link
> against ncurses on Tru64. ncurses does not exist on Tru64.

I see. I think ESR (who is the new curses maintainer) decided to support
only ncurses. You might convince him

 a) to support Tru64 curses too
 b) to tell you how to compile ncurses for the Tru64

At any rate, thank you for the quick response.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.