[Python-Dev] Re: Feature bloat in Python (was some PEP thing!)

Peter Schneider-Kamp peter@schneider-kamp.de
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 09:31:39 +0000

Mark Hammond wrote:

> Anyway, I believe we have both made our points, and in the interests of
> preventing this from becoming a real flame-fest, I will refrain from
> further comments in this vein, and simply place my faith in the benevolent
> dictator.

I don't want put oil in the fire. That said, I wouldn't place to much
faith in the BDFL rejecting those features. Not after this statement:

"- Python 2.0 (a BeOpen PythonLabs release) will start with a beta
release
 1-2 weeks after 1.6 final is released; we're striving for a short beta
 cycle.  New language features will include list comprehensions, range
 literals, the zip() function, and augmented assignment."

of-course-maybe-I-should-read-"will"-as-"could"-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de