[Python-Dev] extended print statement, uPre-PEP

Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:25:30 -0400

On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 05:18:13PM +1000, Mark Hammond quoted:
and then wrote:
>I've gotta agree here - I really am quite concerned about all the
>cool-but-not-really-necessary stuff being proposed.  I fear that Python

Seconded from me. IMHO it's only worth adding a new feature if it
multiplies power by a significant amount; if it just adds a tiny
increment, it's not worth adding a small bit of extra complexity,
extra code, and having to resync JPython and Python# (does that
project have a name yet?).

The urge to add little tiny things that make microtask X convenient is
what made Perl -- and Sendmail, and DTML, and ... -- what they are
today.

--amk