[Python-Dev] slightly OT: perl and tcl teams are reorganizing

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:28:19 +0200

first this:

> http://dev.ajubasolutions.com/community/coreteam/

    ...new, larger, "batteries included" releases...

and then I stumbled upon this little quote on comp.lang.tcl:

    > > IMO, it's obvious: Tcl needs to go where people are going.  =
Glueing to
    > > each and every technology under the sun, and that includes =
Python and
    > > Perl.  Closing the door out of fear of being overtaken by others =
would
    > > be a big mistake.
    >=20
    > And let us not forget that Guido himself posted a message to c.l.t
    > suggesting that python and tcl pool their work at the lower level
    > implementation.

hmm.  what exactly am I missing here? ;-)

</F>