[Python-Dev] extended print statement, uPre-PEP

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 17:18:13 +1000

> Ummm...between this and Hyauiu's proposal, I'm afraid we're bloating
> Python way too much.

I've gotta agree here - I really am quite concerned about all the
cool-but-not-really-necessary stuff being proposed.  I fear that Python
will no longer be the small, simple to understand system that drew many of
us to it in the first place.

OTOH, I have great faith that Guido will simply reject most of these ideas,
regardless of the huge amount of work being spent on their PEPs, etc.  At
least, I _hope_ he does!

Our-simple-Python-is-turning-into-Medusa-ly,

Mark.