[patch #100895 ] PyErr_Format (was: Re: [Python-Dev] Patches)

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:04:15 +0300 (IDT)

[M.-A. Lemburg]
> You add your new PyErr_Format() replacement with the existing
> subset of codes, but instead of bailing out when the function
> sees a format code it doesn't understand, you use sprintf()
> or snprintf() (where available) to format the unkown code ?!

[Paul Prescod]
> I think its too magical and could hide security holes under too many
> levels of conditional behavior.

FWIW, I agree with Paul -- if an unknown format code is used, it will be
plainly seen in the exception, so we will know *exactly* what popular
format codes we forgot to add.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no GOD but Python, and HTTP is its prophet.