[Python-Dev] PEPs on the web

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:40:35 +0200

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 06:51:21PM +0000, Peter Schneider-Kamp wrote:
> I have put up the PEPs on http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/

> 1) Is that okay? No one cried out aloud and I got some agreement.

I don't see why not. It certainly seems the right place for it ! And it's
not like they were a corporate secret before.

> 2) Should I put a link from http://python.sourceforge.net ?

I'd say so, yeah.

> 3) What about making those PEPs xhtml (or something like that)?
>    Pros:
>      - links from pep-000.txt
>      - links from the other peps
>    Cons:
>      - harder to read in checkins
>      - harder to edit
>    (maybe we could use as little markup as possible?)

Definate -1 from here. I like plaintext. It also works just fine for RFCs. I
don't mind if the reference section (which should be the only place that
contains URIs ;) is written in a markup language to facilitate HTMLization,
or maybe just straight HTML, but I don't feel like escaping all those '>'s
in there.

However, if they can be converted to HTML automatically, based on minor
clues and/or whitespace-layout, fine by me ;) I wouldn't mind adding things
like paragraph markers and such, I just dont like to edit HTML newer than
1.1 ;P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>