[Python-Dev] Patches

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:00:59 +0200

Now that everyone of importance is off to sunny California, how about we put
some of the patches that have been idling on the SF PM to the vote ? If
Barry objects we can always organize some gigs for him away from the
'office' ;)

I'd personally like to hear some votes/opinions on the range literal patch,
but it seems to me there are others that only require some voting and second
opinions:

- Add 'isatty(fd)' to posixmodule.
Do Macs and Windows machines have an isatty() function that makes sense to
include ?

- Better error message with UnboundLocalError
Patch looks okay to me, and Tim already said he liked the idea.

- arraymodule: adding count, extend, index, pop, remove
I believe there was some discussion about this before, don't know the
outcome.

- new EXTENDED_ARG opcode, elimiate 16-bit oparg limit
Probably needs Guido and/or Tim decreeing whether the change is worth it

- safe version of PyErr_Format
+0 on that, but what do I know. Don't know if it's actually safe ;)

- Optional pad character for rjust, ljust
Definately +1, but I have a nagging feeling there is a better way to do it:
Why wasn't this implemented before ? What are people using instead of
string.rjust(string, padchar) ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>