[Python-Dev] Will Python die?

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:02:30 +0300 (IDT)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Tim Peters wrote:

> [Peter Schneider-Kamp]
> > Tim once (0.9-winking-ly) mentioned the possibility of voting with the
> > "keyboard by grabbing the Python source and making your own release".
> >
> > I don't wanna do this on my own (and get zapped from a lightning bolt
> > thrown by the powers that are), but what would be the pros and cons
> > of an inofficial (maybe 1.8?) alpha-in-between-release?
>
> I don't see any pros at this time

I agree with Tim -- your 1.8 would face backwards- and forwards-
compatabilitiy issues CVS versions do not have to face.

>, although I'm typing on my laptop while
> sitting on the sidewalk in the dark in front of a Howard Johnson's with my
> hair dripping wet, so Guido can sleep in peace in the room we're sharing,
> and this after a hellish 12-hour trip to get to the God-forsaken State of
> California, so I'm not seeing many pros of any kind at the moment <wink>.

Sounds like loads of fun....next you should get into the room and wake up
Guido. That should be even more fun.

> So I'd advise a bit more patience.  I intend to stay all up night, listening
> for secrets Guido may spill in his sleep.

I don't think you should.

there-are-some-things-bots-were-not-meant-to-know-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no GOD but Python, and HTTP is its prophet.