[Python-Dev] Will Python die?

Peter Schneider-Kamp peter@schneider-kamp.de
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:37:25 +0000

Tim Peters wrote:

> I don't see any pros at this time, although I'm typing on my laptop while
> sitting on the sidewalk in the dark in front of a Howard Johnson's with my
> hair dripping wet, so Guido can sleep in peace in the room we're sharing,
> and this after a hellish 12-hour trip to get to the God-forsaken State of
> California, so I'm not seeing many pros of any kind at the moment <wink>.

<insert("BIG GRIN")>

> The Python Consortium meeting is this Friday, and the license hassles are on
> the agenda.  While not privy to all the details myself, I can't imagine that
> any side in this debate can afford to *allow* the impasse to continue longer
> than that.

Okay, that sounds better than nothing. Meanwhile the question "what
happened
to 1.6?" starts popping up in c.l.py more often.

> So I'd advise a bit more patience.  I intend to stay all up night, listening
> for secrets Guido may spill in his sleep.

Be sure to write a secret transcript of *everything*. We might use
it the next time we want to add some special syntax to Python<wink>

being-more-patient-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de