[Python-Dev] Python-dev summary: Jul 1-15

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:11:58 +0200

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 07:57:32PM -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> List comprehensions originated as a patch from Greg Ewing that's now
> being kept up-to-date versus the CVS tree by Skip Montanaro.
> Originally they weren't on the roadmap for 1.6, but with the greater
> version number jump to 2.0, GvR is more willing to incorporate larger
> changes.

It may be worth mentioning that augmented assignment is also being
considered for 2.0, and possibly other operators (we still haven't heard
from Guido on that, I believe, and there was at least one +1 from Eric.)
Also, maybe the outcome of small CNRI/BeOpen thread would be nice to
mention? CNRI says they will release python 1.6, and python 2.0 will
probably (possibly ?) be released by BeOpen after that ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>