[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/nondist - New directory

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:00:36 -0500

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> Yeah, but it's only necessary because CVS doesn't let you do those
> tasks through it's interface.  Well, kind of a pointless argument
> because it probably won't change on SF any time soon, and who among us
> is actively hacking on CVS? :)

I mean CVS stores our information as a bunch of files on a hard disk.
Those files use the Unix UGO security model. You are some one trusted
(one or the other) should be in the PythonAdmins Unix group and you or
that person should be able to physically change files in our directories
using your shell account.

Just how compassionate can a Republican get before he has to leave the
GOP and join Vegans for Global Justice? ... One moment, George W. Bush
is holding a get-to-know-you meeting with a bunch of gay Republicans.
The next he is holding forth on education or the environment ... It is
enough to make a red-blooded conservative choke on his spotted-owl
drumstick.     - April 29th, Economist