[Python-Dev] Will Python die?

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:21:25 -0500

Peter Schneider-Kamp wrote:

> Tim once (0.9-winking-ly) mentioned the possibility of voting with the
> "keyboard by grabbing the Python source and making your own release".

As long as Tim and Guido are thinking about this possibility, I don't
want to waste my brain cells considering it. I don't have as much
information as they do and I'm only a little bit smarter than them
anyhow. :)

Seriously, I don't know enough about the licensing issues. I don't know
exactly what CNRI "owns" and what we need from them to proceed.

It's difficult to extract sense from strings, but they're the only
communication coin we can count on.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html