[Python-Dev] htmldoc.py + inspect.py

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:48:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> But what I particularly like is the inspect.py module. That
> would make a great addition to the standard lib !

Yes, i consider inspect.py pretty much done, and hoped it would be
considered for the standard library.  I proposed it a little while ago
(http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-May/011031.html);
but it was set aside during the feature freeze.

If we are in a position to consider it again now, then yes, i'd like
to suggest it for the standard library.

> Note to Ping: your files are missing a clear license notice.

I thought we didn't have to add the contribution release form
anymore because that was for CNRI?

Anyway, i added a comment.  Is it sufficient?

# I, Ka-Ping Yee, the author of this contribution, hereby grant to anyone and
# everyone a nonexclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to
# reproduce, distribute, perform and/or display publicly, prepare derivative
# versions, and otherwise use this contribution as part of the Python software
# and its related documentation, or any derivative versions thereof, at no cost
# to anyone, and to authorize others to do so.

-- ?!ng