[Python-Dev] Checked in...

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 15:41:38 -0700

To defend Paul here a bit, we did start some discussion here, and at least
some of us said "the concept is fine, so check it in. we can totally revamp
as necessary."

CVS is a much better communication/testing vehicle than the damn Patch
Manager or posting modules at some private web site.

And we can always "cvs rm" a module.

Another alternative would be to create /nondist/sandbox/ and have people
toss modules-for-discussion or modules-in-progress into that area. We can
dork around as much as needed. When the module is "ready", then we add it
into the /dist/ branch.

CVS is a great tool for this. Let's not try to create roadblocks that
prevent effective work.

Cheers,
-g