[Python-Dev] Linker problems on Linux

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:25:53 +0200

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 10:57:47PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> For example, if you have a 1.5.2-compiled type in an extension module,
> and that type happens to implement PySequenceMethods, then applying 'a
> in b' will likely crash: Python 2 will check for the sq_contains
> field, but that is past the end of the function table in the old
> module.

Nope. This is specifically fixed by the new tp_flags structmember (which was
'unused' before, so reading *that* will work ok) and the PyType_HasFeature
macro. All code that wants to access one of the really new struct members
(currently, bf_getcharbuffer, sq_contains and the cycle-gc stuff. And my
augmented assignment patch adds another 13 ;) should check tp_flags first.

See the comment in Include/object.h regarding this.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>