[Python-Dev] More discussion on new infix operators

Greg Wilson gvwilson@nevex.com
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:08:30 -0400 (EDT)

> > On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 01:30:31PM -0700, Huaiyu Zhu wrote:
>
> > 1.a) is unacceptable because infix operators improve readability
> >       tremendously compared with prefix operators.

> On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Thomas Wouters wrote:
>
> Where's the usability study to prove that ? <wink>

I'm with Huaiyu on this one --- scientists and engineers have had
Lisp-style prefix notation thrown at them many times, and have always
resisted it (just as most computer science departments have :-).

Greg