[Python-Dev] what to call this zip() function?

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 09:04:43 -0500

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> (in the meantime, maybe someone could run the zip/collate/etc
> thing by comp.lang.python.  maybe people are smarter than we
> think?)

Agree that the universe will not collapse no matter what name we choose.
Unless it has a totally backwards name, people will see it in use and
figure it out. We could just do a straight-up vote and be done with it.
There is clearly no right or wrong answer, just answers that appeal to
various people.

It's difficult to extract sense from strings, but they're the only
communication coin we can count on.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html