[Python-Dev] Help command

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 08:49:45 -0500

Moshe Zadka wrote:

> In a Red Hat installation, they don't install the HTML docs at all.

What docs are installed? As I recall, "man Python" was similarly useless
on my last Red Hat machine. Hopefully that's been fixed but of course we
don't deliver our docs in man format. It was very frustrating to find
Python "hidden" like that when I knew that Red Hat uses it extensively
themselves. I also wanted it to have an icon in their little start menu
thing.

It's difficult to extract sense from strings, but they're the only
communication coin we can count on.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html