[Python-Dev] Pre-PEP Idea

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:01:56 +0200

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 02:24:21PM -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
> Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > why not just post a site.py patch, and forget about the
> > PEP for now?

> Also, how should I include a new module in a patch? Do I do a directory
> diff? Or just checkin the stupid thing?

You can supposedly use 'cvs add' to add the name, and then *not* commit ;)
If you then use cvs diff, it should show up.

Alternatively, and this is probably best, checkout a new copy of the tree
(or simply do a 'cp -pPR') and diff between those two. In franctic times, it
can be a hassle to get them both up to date, but if you're just going for a
diff that adds a new file, that doesn't matter.

(I remember trying to create a good patch in the weekend of July 1st. It was
horrible, by the time an update had finished, things it had updated at the
start were already changed again :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>