[Python-Dev] [PEP204] Range Literals

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:01:30 +0200

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 10:05:39AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > If Guido has decided that the design that has already been implemented
> > is the right one, what's the point of the PEP? Someone just needs to
> > review the patch and check it in!

> Right!

Well, uhm, what now, then ? Should I finish PEP204 ? It's about half done,
but throwing it away isn't a problem. I used it to get used to writing PEPs,
anyway ;)

I still have a question regarding the range literals patch, though,
as I noted in the comment on SF:

[...] the patch contains some code duplication (about the entire build_range
function, plus get_len_of_range()) I'm not sure how to properly solve that:
is it okay for compile.c to rely on something from bltinmodule.c ? If not,
should I move the common functionality into listobject.c ?

There is also the question regarding (::) and generators. Should I finish
the PEP for the sake of that ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>