[Python-Dev] is anyone using the ucnhash C API?

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 17:46:02 +0200

(except for the unicode object module, that is).

as I've mentioned earlier, I'm working on an alternative unicode
database, which includes a ucnhash replacement.

my first thought was to emulate the existing api, but it has two
small problems:

-- it returns pointers into the database.  this means that you
   cannot compress the names at all, if you want to be thread-
   safe (which you have to be, in this case).

-- it exposes low-level implementation details, such as the hash
   table size, etc.  I'm not sure if I can emulate that in any sane
   way under the new database design.

so if nobody uses this, I'd rather change the unicodeobject.c
file to use the new API directly...

</F>