[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Greg Wilson gvwilson@nevex.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:59:18 -0400 (EDT)

> Guido (on copyrights, public domain, etc.):
> But we have an additional requirement here: we want to prevent others
> from distributing mutilated versions of our standard documents.  I
> believe some form of open copyright is the best protection against
> that.

We're using the Open Publication License for Software Carpentry for
exactly this reason.  I once had to get the IEEE's copyright lawyer
involved in a dispute where some material I had written had been slightly
modified and then posted on the web under someone else's name --- still
occasionally have to deal with fallout from copies of copies of copies of
the distorted version.

Greg