[Python-Dev] Request for Opinions

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 05:08:51 -0500

Greg Stein wrote:

> I think this is for the XML SIG. I don't know why it is here. SIGs discuss
> and design, then roll up their final decisions.

Okay, so we can agree in the XML SIG that we love XPath and then "check
in" 4K of Bison/FLEX/C/Python code without consulting anyone else? I
don't see any harm in consulting PythonDev....it's not like every string
decision is entirely settled in string-sig and every
internationalization feature in il8n-sig. There are also integration
issues. Adopting a large package is one such.

It's difficult to extract sense from strings, but they're the only
communication coin we can count on.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html