[Python-Dev] Re: http://python.sourceforge.net

Peter Schneider-Kamp peter@schneider-kamp.de
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:44:40 +0000

Vladimir Marangozov wrote:

> Thanks! You'd have to chmod g+w the new files first, though.
> I can't Mr Proper them. In a moment of great annoyance I'll
> also try to enhance the pages.

Done that.

> BTW, please make a HTML Tidy pass (http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/)
> over the HTML files, at least, if they're edited with your favorite editor.

Ok, I did. Unfortunately before reading the checkins ...

> Or you may want to use Amaya for editing HTML (http://www.w3.org/Amaya/)
> but it still core dumps from time to time <wink>. It's improving though...

Is that what you used for sf-faq.html?

There is one thing I don't like about all this xml*, meta and other
special tags. I used to write .html files with my favorite text editor:

<HTML>
  <TITLE>my little home page</TITLE>
  <BODY>
    <H1>My Little Home Page</H1>
    Here goes the content.
  </BODY>
</HTML>

With XHTML I'll probably end up with something like this:

<head>
  <title>my little home page</title>
charset=iso-8859-1" />
</head>
alink="#FF0000">
<h1>My Little Home Page</h1>
Here goes the content.

Talk about readability and maintainability. I know the header
is worst, but the generated sources (from Page Composer, Frontpage,
Amaya or your favorite tool) are always a pain in the ass if it
comes to reading them. And yes, I am one of those who used to
do their html in <insert_text_editor_of_choice>.

compiling-amaya-though-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de