[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:27:25 -0700

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 11:14:47AM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> - a copyright notice.  As a strawman, I propose that the owner/author
>   of each PEP retains copyright, but must publish it under the
>   OpenContent license, <http://opencontent.org/opl.shtml>.

All right. This just gets me.

Why must we assert copyrights on these things? Come on, people. Aren't we
seeing Python 2.0 release problems because of copyrights?

It isn't like this stuff is Intellectual Property or anything. It's just a
summary of where the discussion is! It's a communication mechanism to bring
people up to speed on the issues, concerns, and approaches.

But something that needs to be copyrighted? Geez. That's just a bit much.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/