[Python-Dev] [PEP204] Range Literals

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:53:56 +0200

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 11:24:38AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> BTW, PEP204 is up for grabs too.  It's titled "Range Literals".

As I already wrote Barry, I'll do this one -- but only if it's a no-brainer.
The patch is already written and I hadn't heard complaints about the syntax,
but now I hear some rumbling about how it should be a generator instead of a
list constructor. I don't feel like digging into that particular dungball,
though, having no experience what so ever with iterators, generators or
languages that implement those. (So I'm a C and Python programmar by heart.
Sue me.)

That isn't to say I think it's a bad idea, not at all. I just don't want to
do it :-) But if anyone else wants to implement it, and do so before 2.0,
yell now, and you can take over the entire range-literal thing as well.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>