[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:44:51 -0400 (EDT)

Fredrik Lundh writes:
 > I hope PEPs won't replace the existing "small proposal, >0,
 > patch, >0, commit" fast-track mechanism... (FTPEPs)

  The PEP process is not meant for small enhancements, but for things
like list comprehensions, where there are real issues with determining
the appropriate syntax and semantics.  For small stuff, submit a
patch using SF.  For fixing a bug, either submit a patch or just fix
it, depending on whether its within your pervue & how confident you
are that your patch is appropriately portable.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member