[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:25:48 -0500

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> - a mail archive attached to the PEP that contains relevant
>   discussion.  A mail archive seems valuable for people interested in
>   the next level of detail, but I'm not sure what mechanism to use to
>   create one.  (It also seems valuable because the old "search
>   dejanews" certainly isn't stable in the long-term.)  Maybe PEP
>   authors could maintain their own archives.

Here's a low-tech solution to get us started: Set up a mailbox for each
PEP at pythonlabs or python.org and have people "CC:" that mail address,
e.g. CC: pep202@python.org. Run the changed ones through one of the mail
to Web gateways daily.

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html