[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:24:38 -0400 (EDT)

    >> PEP 203 will cover augmented assignments.  Thomas Wouters, we
    >> were thinking about you owning this one.

    TW> Fine by me, though if it's a ploy to try and make me less
    TW> involved with the other issues, it's bound to fail! :-)

Not at all!  Tim practically bum rushed me to gain control of PEP202,
and Jeremy all but begged for PEP200.  I figured PEP201 was the one
that I understood the best (not saying much :) and I needed one to
flesh out as an example.

BTW, PEP204 is up for grabs too.  It's titled "Range Literals".

    TW> Where should I send it, by the way ? SF PM ?

Well, you've got checkin privs so I'd say just write it and check it
in.  If people without checkin privs want to submit new PEPs, feel
free to send them directly to me.  Changes to existing PEPs should be
sent to the owner, who can either make the changes themselves or send
me context diffs.

    TW> I'll see if my girlfriend lets me flesh out a PEP
    TW> tonight.

witty-but-crud-remark-omitted...-ba-dum-dum-ly y'rs,
-Barry