[Python-Dev] re: list comprehension / pop quiz

Greg Wilson gvwilson@nevex.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:07:29 -0400 (EDT)

> > I don't think that using a function called "xmap" to build tuples is
> > very intuitive to start with. What's so wrong with a builtin called
> > "tuples()"?

1. Trailing single-character difference between "tuple()" and "tuples()".
   (We'd take marks off students for naming things this way, wouldn't we?)

2. Need separate functions for creating tuples, lists, dicts, etc.  I
   liked Ken M.'s idea of one function that took a type argument, and
   stitched/married/wove/welded/whatever'd its arguments to create
   something of that type, as it would require only one new function.

Greg