[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:28:34 -0400

[Barry]
> You can find the current set of documents under nondist/peps in the
> CVS tree.  Please take a look, especially at pep-0201.txt which is
> nearest to being complete.

[/F]
> can you perhaps post these somewhere on the python.org
> and/or pythonlabs.com sites?

In time, yes.  For now we're just trying to get it started.  Note that we
can't currently change anything on python.org, and I'm not sure we're yet
able to get at pythonlabs.com most days either <0.9 wink>.

> hiding them down in the CVS tree isn't optimal, especially
> when SF's CVS viewer doesn't work for roughly 86% of all
> web users...

Plus me <wink>!

Barry didn't say so, but he could have:  the things for which he created
PEPs are, as far as Guido is concerned, all going to be in the 2.0 release
(yup!  augmented assignments and list comprehensions and ... that other
thing <wink>).  So we have a crucial need to make sense out of their
respective Python-Dev messes *now* (as the "list comprehension guy", who was
out of the loop yesterday for moving, out most of today for a mtg, and will
be out tomorrow again for personal reasons, I despair of ever making
coherent sense out of the 100+ msgs I haven't got to on the topic yet,
inexplicably splintered along multiple Subject lines).  So, like with the
move to the SF patch manager, we're just moving to *something* we aren't yet
certain is totally broken.  It will work if all of us do <wink>.

btw-the-truly-*new*-content-in-all-these-msgs-could-probably-fit-in-a-
    paragraph-ly y'rs  - python's collective memory for lack of a pep