[Python-Dev] simple syntax error bombs interpreter

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:59:20 +0200

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 05:48:16PM +0100, Michael Hudson wrote:
> "Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com> writes:

> > using my latest Python 2.0 build, the interpreter
> > bombs if I type the following two commands:

> > ...     global b

> Hmm.  Mine doesn't.  What platform, stack, etc?

Mine does crash. The crash seems to be caused by a refcounting bug: the
error gets detected, com_error() gets called, creates the appropriate error
object, control flows back the way it was supposed to, but between com_error
and PyErr_PrintEx() the error gets eradicated, resulting in a segmentation
fault.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>