[Python-Dev] Unit testing...

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:44:45 -0500

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> (I've speculated about adding a unit testing framework, similar to the
> one we use internally at the MEMS Exchange; the discipline of using it
> makes writing a test more time-consuming, but the tests also wind up
> being more comprehensive.)

I think PyUnit/JUnit and friends are in vogue these days. There is some
virtue in having a framework that could be used also by extension module
writers so that there is some consistency about finding and invoking
tests.

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html