[Python-Dev] SF again: Patch assignments

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:27:51 -0500

> > Can anyone send me a clear explanation how to assign a patch to someone?
> > I've spent 10 minutes roomaging around SF to no avail.
>
> I just click on the patch itself. In the screen that comes up, there is a
> drop-box for "Assigned To:" where I can select a person. After selecting the
> appropriate victim, I hit the "Submit Changes" button at the bottom of the
> page.

Moshe didn't see the drop-box because his permissions didn't include
assigning patches.  I've fixed this (as a policy, we give everyone
with checkin permissions tech&admin permissions for the patch manager,
but that's not the SF default, so it must be done manually).  This is
the second or third post from a new SF developer asking about this.
We really need to set up our own SF FAQ soon!

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)