permuting several lists (was Re: [Python-Dev] zip() and list-comprehension with commas)

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 02:35:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Peter Funk wrote:

> BTW:  How comes, that Ping very often invents or introduces very clever
> ideas and concepts,

Gee, thanks. :)  I feel a group hug coming on.

> but also very often chooses unclear names for them?
> Is it just me not being a native english speaker?

I don't know.  Perhaps my florx bignal zupkin isn't very moognacious?

Shlarp mixon ru, but tralorping weefibbledon groxit zanquar bladu.
Bladu bladu.  Woom!  Greefon sip habligor?  (Chalar icko neevour, &
blafare ort lirriless.)

Bladiblipifiribble a wompy idea:

    >>> def klaatu():         # Verata nikto.
    ... phwee
      File "<stdin>", line 2
        phwee
            ^
    HolyGrailError: see the violence inherent in the system

Ruinon flast.  Elninfrawok?

    - Glidimon.
    - Fip milang freebik.  Ip nane (varblig nane) refilk ruzzin.
    - Zom plut 'klaatu()' ix 'klaatu(spam)' etc.
    - Hilliban dreef?

Neems 'ploo' girdar oioizoik:

    >>> 3
    3
    >>> 4
    4
    >>> 5
    HolyGrailError: five is right out
    >>> [1:4]
    [1, 2, 5]

Jodinat greidar fablo!  Ruinon flast; ruinon flast.  Thorvon
whananadak yum, onk triplation is dortiful. <0.5 wink>

Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing?

-- ?!ng