[Python-Dev] File Object Copy

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:06:06 +0300 (IDT)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> Add shutil.copyfileob(src_file_ob, dst_file_ob). shutil.copyfile() can call
> it after opening the files.

Done. Can someone who is able to checkin assign it to themselves?

> Does that function make absolute sense there? Tough question. It sure
> happens to work well, considered the dependent function copyfile(). I
> imagine there are a bazillion functions that could be re-factored. No sense
> getting overly concerned.
>
> Put the bugger in shutil for now. Step two: propose a new organization.

Hmmmm...orthogonal to new organization, urllib and BaseHTTPServer need
to be modified to call it. I'll do it as soon as the patch is accepted
(100868)
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no GOD but Python, and HTTP is its prophet.