[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src configure.in,1.134,1.135

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:26:02 +0200

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 05:53:30AM +0200, Vladimir Marangozov wrote:

> Besides, I think I screwed the logic of this patch as now I get a "no"
> answer while it should be "yes" on my combo. So I definitely need to
> assign this patch to myself and fix it!

Actually, almost everyone should see 'no' in response to the statement
'checking if signed-right-shift zero-fills', except for Cray J90's and
possibly other strange hardware. In any case, if 'test_long' succeeds for
you, all is well.

If you want it to say 'yes' instead of 'no' and still mean the same thing,
swap the logic, and change the question to 'whether right-shift pads with
sign bit' or some such.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>