[Python-Dev] os.path.commonprefix testers needed for DOS, NT and Mac

Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:57:25 -0500 (CDT)

Those of you with DOS, Windows/NT or Mac boxes, please take a look at the
following patch:

    https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=100788&group_id=5470

It fixes posixpath.commonprefix to chunk its input by path components
instead of by characters, so the prefix it returns should be a valid path.
I can only check on Linux (I sort of expect other Unix variants will work as
well).  I corrected ntpath.py (which was the same as the version in
posixpath.py) and added it to dospath.py and macpath.py.  I can't really
test any of them.  Would those of you who can, please try it out and get
back to me with a "yea" or a "nay" (with corrections, if possible)?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
"To get what you want you must commit yourself for sometime" - fortune cookie