[Python-Dev] CVS read/write access

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:02:39 -0400

>> Perhaps CVSROOT should have
>>
>>     :ext:
>>
>> at the start?  Here's mine:
>>
>>     set CVSROOT=:ext:tim_one@cvs.python.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python

[Peter S-K]
> No, doesn't change a thing. Unfortunately.

I was well beyond my area of competence with the first suggestion <wink>.
You could get a real OS like me (Win98SE), or hope that one of your Unixish
compatriots helps out.  Maybe it would help if you told them other stuff
about your setup (OS, version, CVS version, whether CVS works in other
contexts for you, etc).

> ... Wasn't there something about CVS write access though?

*Everyone* on the Member Admin page has "Yes" under "CVS write", and there
are no controls there even to change that to "No".  Maybe it's one of these
4-hour SourceForge delay thingies?  Doubt it, but it's a darned good excuse
for me to go to sleep now <wink>.

> Ooh, where is the point in the license telling me I cannot
> release Python, too <1.5 wink>?
>
> just-joking-but-wait-a-month-ly y'rs
> Peter

Indeed, if we still haven't released Python after another month, I'm going
to leave BeOpen PythonLabs and go to work somewhere I can <0.6 wink>.