[Python-Dev] CVS read/write access

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 02:14:56 -0400

[Peter Schneider-Kamp]
> Thanks to Fred I now have 35 of my own patches assigned to me.
> Unfortunately trying to checkout read/write in order to be
> able to commit later I get this:
>
> nowonder@mobility:~/python > export CVS_RSH=ssh
> nowonder@mobility:~/python > export
> CVSROOT=nowonder@cvs.python.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python

Perhaps CVSROOT should have

    :ext:

at the start?  Here's mine:

    set CVSROOT=:ext:tim_one@cvs.python.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python

Monkey see, monkey do, usually works best for software written by apes
<wink>.

> nowonder@mobility:~/python > cvs co python
> nowonder@cvs.python.sourceforge.net's password:
> Sorry, you don't have read/write access to the history file
> /cvsroot/python/CVSROOT/history
> Permission denied
> nowonder@mobility:~/python >

> As I also see no way to change the status of my patches, maybe
> some UserPermissions still need to be set.
> Maybe something like
>
> ? CVS write: yes
> ? Patch Manager: Tech & Admin

Bingo on this one:  your Patch Manager permissions were set to "Tech only".
I think that's the default.  I've changed them to "Tech & Admin" for
nowonder, so that problem should be solved now.

> But then I don't really know that much about sourceforge. For my own
> pet project (LegoVision) I just got one developer ;-)

Ya, but at least you can release it when you want to <wink>.

grass-is-greener-ly y'rs  - tim