[Python-Dev] PROTO_LIST in Modules/md5.h

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 17:34:52 -0500

> Peter Schneider-Kamp writes:
>  > Is this still needed with ANSI?
>
>   No, but this is imported code, so perhaps it makes sense to leave
> that in.  (Both md5.c and md5.h are imported, and are the only places
> that have this.)
>   I won't object to ANSI-fying these two files, but I'm not sure it
> makes sense, either.  These may as well be an external library.

I'd say ANSIfy them.  While they are derived from external code, they
have been hacked enough, and the MD5 algorithm isn't going to change
any time soon, so we might as well reformat them and generally clean
them up according to our current taste.

Of course, it's not high priority stuff, but sometimes it helps
putting our "mark" on code. :-)

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)