[Python-Dev] Out of loop...

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:03:06 -0400

[Fred L. Drake, Jr.]
>   Ok, it's been a busy week, and my wife & kids are just about back.
> I'll be largely out of touch here for about 24 hours.  It's time to
> play with the kids!

[Thomas Wouters, understandly terrified <wink> by the implications]
> And here is Fred apologizing for spending a day with his family. Is it
> too late for me to opt out ?!?

Far too late, yes.  Your ours for life now (and probably longer, if CNRI has
any say in the matter <0.9 wink>).

[Fred again, rationalizing]
> You have to realize -- right now, email is the *primary* communications
> mechanism for PythonLabs, both internally and with the community.

Actually, the community may not realize that we don't have an office, Jeremy
and Barry live in a different state than Guido and Fred, and Tim is living
in a hotel (although I think I've been careful to whine about the latter
often enough here <wink>).

The *important* thing to notice, though, is that Fred is still replying to
email instantly even after swearing on all that is holy that he'd be out of
touch for 24 hours.

pythonlabs-has-zero-tolerance-for-wimps<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim