[Python-Dev] Py_PROTO elimination in Include/

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 10:35:07 -0500

> I just removed all other occurrences of Py_PROTO and Py_FPROTO in the source
> tree.

Great work, Tim!

There's one problem: several large patches that are waiting for us in
the SF patch manager won't work any more because they reference
context that you ripped out.  I'm thinking of the augmented assignment
and the list comprehensions patch, and I think Thomas Wouters' patch
for [a:b:c] meaning range(a,b,c) is also broken now.

I think your patch status guidelines suggest that these patches should
be labeled out of date until the author uploads a new version...

BTW, the more delay 2.0 incurs because of the negotiations between
CNRI and BeOpen, the more sense it makes to me to add those language
features!  Last night I changed the status of the list comprehensions
and augmented assignment patches to Open.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)