[Python-Dev] RE: Python-checkins digest, Vol 1 #615 - 2 msgs

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 11:00:33 -0400 (EDT)

    TP> Fred, you appear to be 4-space indenting C source.  Is that
    TP> allowed?  Last I think I heard, Guido was still clinging to
    TP> his schizophrenia on this topic (4-space for .py and no hard
    TP> tabs, 8-space for .c/.h and hard tabs).

Emacs CC Mode has a "python" style which defines 8-space hard-tab
indentation.  This was the blessed style for Python's C code.  I
distinctly remember Guido agreeing to 4 space indents for Python 1.7
(or new code) but that it wasn't worth going back and changing
existing code at this time.

If Fred's doing a code cleansing then it's probably okay that he also
adjust the indentation.  Most important is consistency within the
file.

-Barry