[Python-Dev] RE: Python-checkins digest, Vol 1 #615 - 2 msgs

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 09:32:55 -0400 (EDT)

Tim Peters writes:
 > Fred, you appear to be 4-space indenting C source.  Is that allowed?  Last I
 > think I heard, Guido was still clinging to his schizophrenia on this topic
 > (4-space for .py and no hard tabs, 8-space for .c/.h and hard tabs).

  I seem to recall that Guido had caved on this, mostly because he
received enough complaints about too much code getting shoved way over
to the right, in a column a dozen of fewer characters wide (which is
seriously hard to decode).  I don't remember if this was on the list
or in a meeting.
  If I'm mis-remembering, then we should presure him on this until he
does cave.  ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>