[Python-Dev] Re: [I18n-sig] Unicode experience

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:28:13 -0500

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> Anyway, i still agree that it's best to avoid automatic coercion
> between numbers and strings -- since it's now very easy to say
> int("3") as opposed to import string; string.atoi("3"), there's
> really no excuse for not being explicit.

I want to be clear that I'm not asking for automatic coercion between
numbers and strings but rather automatic coercion of any type to string.

Pop stars come and pop stars go, but amid all this change there is one
eternal truth: Whenever Bob Dylan writes a song about a guy, the guy is
guilty as sin.
	- http://www.nj.com/page1/ledger/e2efc7.html